Friday, January 23, 2009

Winter Carnival Bonspiel

This is going to be short and sweet because I am tired. After the Cold Cash Margeaux gave me a great lesson on how these things are set up; a really good team plays a not so good team in the first draws so that everyone finds their places. With that I figured my team would be playing a really good team this morning and we did. The game was really fun and my team played very well, the game came down to the 7th (we were buzzed) end. We were up by one point, and had last rock, the opposing team was sitting two. All that needed to happen for us to win was for our skip, Clay, to draw in, he had plenty of space but over threw the rock, it sailed through the house. Bummer the other team won. I cannot complain we threw good rocks and had an excellent game.

Game two was also a good game, the opposing team shook hands in the 6th end. It was not that we dominated the game we just scored one point each end.

I had a really good day, some friends I've not seen since this summer stopped by the club to watch, I was able to chat with a lot of fellow curlers and meet some new people.

Tomorrow we play at 1015, I don't know who we play as it was not posted when I left the club but I'm looking forward to it.

Oh, and I decided Friday mornings would be my weigh in day, today 140, not a big surprise I've weighed 140 for as long as I can remember. I can't imagine getting down to 130 but I took the challenge so I gotta do it.

No comments: