Monday, January 19, 2009

Daily Plate

Ok, so the other day I got my work out routine together, today I figured out how much I can eat, or can't eat in order to meet my challenge of losing 10 pounds. The Daily Plate is a wonderful tool, you can put in everything you have eaten for the day and then add how much physical activity you have done and it will calculate everything for you. Once you've gotten your account set up by putting in all of your personal information, height, weight, etc it does the work for you. According to the Daily Plate if I eat 1664 calories a day I will lose one pound a week, if this is correct then I should have no problem meeting my challenge.

Today I only ate 1200 calories which allowed me to drink this nice glass of Merlot while writing this. The Daily Plate can also help you track your protein, carbohydrates, fats, sodium and so on. Being a "pesce" vegetarian, I do track my protein, and for the most part it's not a problem. I have more issues with iron but since I've incorporated my personal trail mix into my diet that has gone to the wayside.

I'm looking forward to this challenge, it's been a while since I've taken a look at my diet and exercise so this is a good thing. And I always like a good challenge. Now I just have to figure out which day of the week I'm going to step on the scale, Friday morning the beginning of the weekend or Monday morning the end of the weekend. I'm leaning towards Friday morning.

No comments: