Friday, January 16, 2009

Pound for Pound Challenge

While perusing through my google reader I came upon an article on Healthbolt, one of the blogs I follow. Pound for Pound Challenge, lose weight and help feed America.

For every pound you lose, Pound for Pound will donate 10 cents to Feeding America - enough to provide one pound of groceries to a local food bank.

Feeding America is the nations leading charitable hunger-relief organizations, providing groceries each year to 25 million Americans at risk of hunger.

All you have to do is take the pledge, start dieting (and of course exercise) and watch your lost pounds convert into pounds of groceries for those who need them.

I don't know about anyone else but I sure have some pounds I can donate and if it helps others all the better.

Come on take the challenge, dare ya ;)

No comments: