Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Oops, I've already messed up my New Year's Resolution, I'll just have to post twice today. In my world it's still Tuesday but in reality it's already after midnight thereby making it Wednesday. Oh well, it was a super busy day. 

I woke up this morning around 0300 with a coughing fit and could not get back to sleep. At about 0345 I gave up and went out to the living room; I thought maybe if I sat up on the couch or chair I could doze off. Nope, no such luck. 

I went into work at 0600 and did not get out until after 1500. I was called into a meeting at 1400 and they just would not stop talking, I went into overtime pay at 1430 so I thought fine, keep on talking. On my way home from work there was a nasty car wreck on the Kellogg bridge which messed up traffic. It took me nearly 20 minutes to get over the bridge. I finally got home around 1600. I had to hurry up and feed Lash, let him out for a potty break and get back out the door at 1630 to meet Rhory for dinner at the Big Bowl in Rosedale.  I got to the restaurant at 1700, Rhory arrived shortly afterwards. We had a fantastic dinner. Vegetable pot stickers, curry vegetables with tofu and a couple Fat Tire beers. Yummy! After dinner we did a bit of shopping, well Rhory did some shopping I just tagged along with. We parted ways, Rhory went home and I headed to Walgreens for some cold medication. I stopped home to give Lash another potty break and change into my curling clothes. I was back out the door by about 2015, stopped for gas and got to the club about 2040. 

Our game tonight was pretty good. I thought for a while that we were in trouble; they had scored 4 points in the 3rd end. But in the 6th end we came back and scored 4 points which put us ahead by one. They scored 2 in the 7th end giving us the hammer for the 8th end. We were able to put two rocks in the house and keep them there, we won the game by 1 point! I have to say this was by far one of the longest games I have played. For whatever reason it was really slow, we did not finish until about 2315. I'm glad I don't have to work in the morning. I took the day off. 

I just finished my Alka Seltzer night time cold medication so I am off to bed. 

No comments: