Thursday, August 28, 2008

Time to meet your maker...

Step off Japanese beetles it's time for you to meet your maker. I believe there is a time and place for all living creatures and this may be your time but your place certainly is NOT in my flower garden. 

I went to Bachman's today and picked up the handy dandy Japanese Beetle Trap and the woman with the great glasses at the store concurred with my idea of setting up the traps in the neighbors yard.  Is it really the neighbors yard when no one is living there?  

The Beetle Bagger is manufactured by Bonide Products since 1926, out of Oriskany, NY (made in the USA!). 

The package contains:

1 Dual release floral & pheromone lure (containing a food-floral attractant and a sex lure attractant in a sealed tray with removable top.) sounds like something you could use to trap lesbians too, maybe I should get one for the next time I go out to the club, keep it in my pocket or something ;)

1 Lure holder
    
2 Disposable collection bags 

Best of all it lasts all season. The woman with the great glasses at the store suggested getting a grub killer for next Spring as all the little larvae are living in the grass and will come up next Spring. It just kills me to think there are Japanese beetle larvae living in my yard, I can't sit in the grass without thinking about it. YUCK!

The traps are going up tomorrow and hopefully the beetles will be gone shortly thereafter.

No comments: