Monday, August 11, 2008

New Exception

Anyone who has known me for any length of time knows I hate to spend money and I hate to shop.  Well, there are times when you need to shop i.e; groceries, toilet paper, tampons etc. you know the necessities in life, that I don't mind. It's shopping for clothes that I absolutely hate! But ya know ya gotta do it sometimes so I have set up rules for myself.

1. always shop the clearance rack
2. don't spend over $5 on shirts or pants
3. if it's not on the clearance rack go to a thrift store.
4. don't spend more than 30 minutes in the store.
5. get a senior citizen to shop with you for the discount.

There are exceptions to these rules; I don't buy my socks, chonies or bras at a discount or thrift store, I'll pay full price for them.  I usually pay more for my socks than I do for anything else, we all have our fetishes. I will also spend more on clothes needed for a specific thing like a sport or a special occasion. 

Tonight I discovered one more exception that I will make, if I find a pair of pants at REI on the clearance rack but they are over the $5 mark and they're a size 6 and they fit, I'll go ahead and buy them! Sometimes a girl just has to spend a little more money and hope her friends look at the tag ;)

No comments: