Monday, August 11, 2008

OK, I'll admit it...

I'm getting old! I have now started reading " Moving Through Menopause" from America's leading fitness expert, Kathy Smith. It was a gift I received for my 40th birthday, ha ha funny! At 45 it's not so funny, it actually explains some of the craziness I've been feeling. 

From the back cover:
In this unique and effective guide Kathy Smith shares the wisdom she's learned during her own journey through perimenopause. Her exciting new lifestyle program, specifically for women who see and feel their body in transition, is designed to diminish common menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes, fuzzy thinking (I have a lot of that) irritability, and insomnia(hip hip hurray!), while it promotes heart health, builds bones to prevent osteoporosis, and increases muscle mass to rev up your metabolism. It combines the latest information on losing weight (maybe I can finally get rid of that 5 pounds), staying flexible, reducing stress, balancing your hormones, and eating right. Everything you need to feel energetic, confident and healthy in body and mind.. and look fabulous too! 

This book gives you the What, When and Why, a Self-Assessment Project, Cardiovascular Exercises, Strength training and a wide variety of other stuff. I better get reading.

No comments: