Monday, February 23, 2009

Olympic Trials

I've been in Denver for the last few days, volunteering for the US Curling Olympic trials. Not a lot of people attending. It's been fun watching all of the teams. There are 39 people from Minnesota in the trials; I think about half are from our St. Paul club. I worked 4 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday, pretty easy work, just guarding the entrance to the ice. No streakers so far. I'm scheduled to work again Thursday but only if there is a need for tie breakers. The semi-finals are Friday followed by the finals on Saturday. Because we've volunteered we can get into the events for free! I like free.

The weather in Denver has been fantastic, today it was 63 degrees! Went for a couple walks, one to the market for groceries and the other along the Cherry Creek. Very nice. Dinner was at Vesta Grill, excellent food and great ambiance.

We head up to Boulder tomorrow and have an apartment rented. This should be fun, we have 5 of us staying together. Margeaux, Loafy and I will check in tomorrow, Amy and Hannah arrive on Thursday. I'm really looking forward to our stay in Boulder, the weather is supposed to be good and I plan to go out riding. The place we are staying has three bikes, if one of those don't work for me I'm going to rent one and hopefully go for a nice long ride. Nothing like fresh mountain air to cleanse the soul. I also plan to get up into the mountains, either Frisco or Breckenridge. I have a friend in Breckenridge so that may be the place to go...

No comments: