Monday, February 9, 2009

New Year's Resolution Addendum

I almost changed my New Years resolution tonight, but thought maybe I should just make an addendum to it. While I was checking out the bicycling.com website I came across an article in the Boulder Report about a man who was killed while riding his bike, the first person killed this year in the area and after reading the article I thought; "that should have been my New Year's resolution, stop talking on the phone and text messaging while I drive." I don't text very often but I cannot say that I don't ever do it and I do talk on my cell phone while driving. It's usually on speaker because I drive a manual transmission and need to shift and steer at the same time so I can't very well hold the phone to my ear too.

So in addition to my original New Year's resolution, I resolve that I will not text message or talk on my cell phone while I am driving a motor vehicle. Notice how I did not say "my car," I said motor vehicle, that way no matter what I am driving I am committed to my resolution. And I thought posting on this blog every day was going to be difficult. I think this resolution is going to rank right up there with giving up cigarettes and diet coke.

No comments: