Friday, February 12, 2010

Olympics 2010

First let me say, it took me a while to decide on which blog I was going to post my Olympic adventure on. My bike blog, backyard garden blog or this one. I've decided this is probably the best one as this is my personal blog and it's my adventure to the Olympics. I will however give a warning, if you choose to check out older posts there is a chance you could find out things about me that you'd rather not know and you could get pissed off about my opinions, ideas and thoughts; with that said lets go to the Olympics!

Kristin and I'll be leaving on a jet plane Wednesday, February 17 and flying into Seattle, Washington. We plan to spend a few days in Seattle then catch the Amtrak to Vancouver on the 20th. We will be meeting up with Mary and her family in Vancouver, where we have a house rented for next 8 days. The main event for us will be CURLING!!! The US teams are from Minnesota and Wisconsin, two of the players, John Benton and Allison Pottinger are from our St. Paul Curling club!

It's Friday night, I only have 5 more days until I leave and I have no idea what to pack. I love to travel but I hate packing, there should be a service for this. Seriously I would hire someone to pack my bags for me. I always bring things I don't use and forget things I need! Oh well, I guess that's what Lady Visa is for. As long as I have my passport and Lady Visa I should be just fine.

I plan to purchase a Netbook tomorrow to bring along on the trip. I'm not taking my Mac with me, as much as I love my Mac, I'm not traipsing around with it. I don't have one of them there fancy iPhones so a Netbook it is!

I'll do my best to keep y'all updated with posts and pictures!

No comments: