Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Seed Catalogs

I know Spring is just around the corner, I received my first seed catalog today! Now it's time to start planning. I can hardly wait to get out in the backyard and start digging. I have so many ideas for my gardens. I'm taking out the two raised beds on the West side of the house and rebuilding them along with a third bed. The compost bin is heading back behind the garage. I'm creating a memorial garden for my dogs, I have Mercedes', Ayla's and Tasha's ashes and plan to bury them. I have most of that garden planned already, so as soon as I can dig I'm putting in some River Birch and getting started on that one first. I also need to find some plants that bloom in June and July, the yard was pretty absent of color during those two months last year. I also hope to add some lighting to the yard.

I promised myself that I would stay home more this Summer, as much as I love to ride my bike I need to spend some time at home. So I have to figure out a way to do one without jeopardizing the other.

I think I could start another blog dedicated to gardening; now there's an idea...

No comments: