Friday, January 29, 2010

Total Body Cleanse

I've decided it is time to take back my life and rid myself of the pain I've been dealing with for years. As they say "When you're sick and tired of being sick and tired you'll change it" Well, I'm sick and tired of dealing with pain every day so I'm going to change it! I've had a headache since 1992 and the past 5 years I've been dealing with arthritis. I made the decision that this is the year I take control, I'm tired of "pain management" I want to be done with it. I have done everything from drugs to holistic healing, chiropractors, acupuncture, acupressure, I spent months in a pain management clinic and years in physical therapy all to no avail.

About three weeks ago I started reading about pain management through diet, this makes sense to me. I've always believed you get what you give, you get out what you put in. We are made up of energy and the things we put into our bodies is energy. It's like gas in your car, if you put in cheap ass gas your car does not run very good. If you eat cheap ass food your body does not work so good.

I've slowly been removing things such as alcohol, caffeine and potatoes from my diet. This week I'm cutting sugar and processed foods. I'm also adding things...like vitamins. I've always had trouble with vitamins and being a vegetarian it's something I should really take. But they make me nauseous so I always quit. Well I've found some liquid vitamins that seem to be working. I mix them with my Cherry Juice concentrate. This is a great mixture, it doesn't look good, actually it looks nasty but it tastes good. The Cherry juice concentrate is super tart and the vitamins are sweet so they taste good together.

Today I started my detox and body cleanse. I've decided that if I'm going to change my diet I might as well clean my system and start all fresh and new. I usually just fast for a few days but I was at the health foods store the other day and found a "Total Body Cleanse" that looks good. It's organic and it contains no yeast, wheat, soy, gluten, salt, sugar, dairy, animal products, binders, filters or artificial ingredients. This is a 14 day, 3-part internal cleansing program made with 100% organic herbs and fiber. It assists with the body's natural detoxification processes and provides comprehensive support for the liver, lungs, lymphatic system, kidneys, skin and blood.

I'm hoping with my diet change and the cleansing I'm destined to lose some weight so the first thing I did this morning was step on the scale, this is something I have not done in months, so I was a bit apprehensive. Last year was not one of my better years for exercise, I spent more time recovering from injuries than actually exercising so I was worried about what the scale was going to say. I am happy to say I weighed a buck thirty seven! YAY that's 3 pounds less than my normal. Not sure how that happened, maybe it's because I stepped on the scale right away in the morning. Don't know but I'm happy about it. This is going to give me a starting point.

Janauary 29, 2010 weight 137 at 0430, first round of body cleansing. No beer for two weeks, cut coffee from one pot to about 4 cups. Next week down to 3 cups, then 2 cups, then 1 cup then Karen gets crabby! No not really, I'm sure I can cut the caffeine, it's just that I'm going to be bouncing off the walls, caffeine is what keeps me calm. It has adverse affects on me, I hear tell it's 'cause I'm a bit hyper. In any case that is my only concern with cutting the caffeine. This week I'm going to work on sugar, it's amazing the things that have sugar! Now it's time to do some more research...

No comments: