Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I think I found my calling...

Now if there was just money in it. As a person who is a wee bit hyper it's sometimes hard to find something to keep me interested. Well... back in December Miss Rhory and baby RJ moved in and I've discovered that a baby is a hell of a lot more work than a puppy. You can't put a baby in a kennel and leave for the day.

Little RJ is a bundle of joy, I get to play with him every morning before I leave for work and he's full of laughter and smiles when I come home from work. We are now working on our letters and numbers in sign language. I'm also working on the basic signs, eat, bottle, potty etc.

Because RJ fights sleep more than I do we work very well together. Neither one of us can sit still so we dance, play airplane and run around the house. We chase the puppies and sing songs. I can stand and rock him until he falls asleep in my arms. It allows me to keep moving and the movement puts him to sleep, it's a win win situation. This also allows Rhory to have some freedom.

There is nothing like the giggles and squeals of a little baby, he makes me laugh every day! I cannot believe how much I am enjoying having a baby around the house. Even Jake and Lash have come to accept RJ. I don't know how long they will be staying but I'm going to spend as much time as I can with this little guy. What a precious gift I have been given.

I wonder if there's any money in rocking babies???

No comments: