Sunday, November 30, 2008

Makin out on the shuttle

This weekend was the Fireball 500 bonspiel and I was lucky enough to be a part of it. Margeaux asked me to play lead on her team. This was a great opportunity for me to play with a competitive team. Our first game was Friday night at 5 pm against team Rheaume. We scored one in the first end, they scored two in the second and we were able to score 5 in the third end which sealed our victory, we shook hands after the 6th end. 

Friday night we were treated to a steak fry (a portabella mushroom was supplied for non-meat eaters) along with salad, potatoes and green beans. A very good meal. Free beer, soda and shots of Fireball. If you haven't tried Fireball I highly recommend it. There was a live band Friday night. I did not stay out too late, I think I was home by about 11:30. 

Saturday I got to the club around 8:30 for "eye-openers" and breakfast. We were on the ice at 9 for game two against team Robinson. I don't remember the final score but we shook hands again after 6 ends, I think they only scored one or two points. Our next game was not until 3 pm so after having some lunch at the club I headed back home for a while. 

Game three was against team Faltesek and unfortunately we did not win which ended our playing. Team Faltesek played a flawless game, I don't think they missed a shot and well we missed a couple. In any case it was a fun game. After having the required shots of Fireball and cold beers I went home to shower and change for the pub crawl. Everyone met at the Kelly Inn for drinks, appetizers and the raffle drawings, from there we hopped on shuttles to the Eagle Street bar and grille in downtown St. Paul. More food and free drinks! We spent quite a long time there, then back on the shuttles and off to Plums. Plums was packed! Lots of people, more drinks, more shots but no food at this stop. 

Ok, so here's the makin' out on the shuttle part. Mark and I sat next to each other on the shuttle bus ride from Plums to the Wild Onion. Sitting in front of us was a man and a woman, I don't know either one of them but they were going at it. I could not help myself, I had to make a comment. Mark joined in and apparently we pissed them off quite a bit. I don't remember if it was Mark or myself that turned on the overhead light to shine down on top of them but they did not like that one bit. Hee, hee, hee, if you're going to make out on a shuttle bus full of curlers with someone that is NOT your husband and NOT your wife and you're married then too damn bad, don't get pissed at me when you get caught! Get a room!

Wild Onion was also a very busy bar, after several drinks I received a text message from my friend Loafy, asking if I wanted to go to Rumours to shake our butts. I explained where I was and what I was doing so she came over the the Wild Onion to rescue me. We stayed at the Wild Onion for a couple more drinks then headed back downtown to Rumours night club. We did some dancing, the bar was not very crowded and we pretty much had the dance floor to ourselves. After about an hour we decided to head to the Town House and check it out. I ran into my future ex-wife at the Town House. She is always fun to look at and have a chat with. Loafy and I danced until they closed the bar and kicked us out. What a fun night. I did not hit the sheets until after 3 AM, whew!

Sunday I was awake by 8:30 got the laundry started and tried to recovered from all of the free drinks. I went back to the club at noon to watch the final four events. Fun, fun, fun. 

I think I'll spend the next couple days recovering from this weekend. 

No comments: