Thursday, September 4, 2008

Damn Republicans!

Alright, I'm an open minded individual, I can find something good in most anyone, even politicians. I have dealt with the Republican National Convention for the past 6 months.  My workplace has been crawling with all kinds of law enforcement agencies, the Secret Service, the Office of Inspector General, Homeland Security, Postal Inspectors, you name it they are in my building.  I have dealt with them traipsing all over my work area, putting up cameras, moving people out of their work areas, re-routing our operations, taking our parking spaces all types of inconveniences but do I complain? No not so much.  The Republicans come to town and block traffic, close our restaurants, re-route traffic, bring their protesters with to cause chaos in our quiet St. Paul streets, do I complain? No not so much. But today was the straw that broke the camels back, those damn Republicans got in the way of my morning coffee and made me late for work!

We have things down to a science at the coffee shop, the man with the big white truck pulls out as I pull into the coffee shop parking lot, the newspaper man leaves as I enter the coffee shop, the girls know to start steaming the milk as soon as they see my car. I go in, get my large vanilla latte with an extra shot of espresso and as I leave the hot blonde woman in the Cadillac Escalade walks in. Call it synchronized coffee if you will but today the Republicans got in the way.  How might you ask do I know they were Republicans?  One quick glance at the lanyard hanging from their necks holding their convention badges and I knew.  The bastards ruined the entire operation, just like paying with cash in a visa commercial, it ain't right.  You don't get in the way of a woman and her morning Latte.

I say go home Republicans, I'm tired of you now.

No comments: