Monday, September 15, 2008

Changes

My little brother moved out over the weekend, he had been living in my house for the past 3 years. He and his boyfriend bought a house over in NE Minneapolis, I'm happy for him but am also sad to see him go. Lash is really bumming out too because he really liked Curt (the boyfriend) they went to the White Castle every morning and bought coffee and the newspaper then went to the park. Curt would also let Lash climb up on the bed. They were buddies. 

Now it's just Lash and I, well I have a fish too but Mollie doesn't do much but swim around, eat and poop. I guess if you really think about it that's kind of what we all do, move around, eat and poop.

Anyway, as I was saying, Mike moved out while I was in Chequamegon this weekend. It worked out good for me, I did not have to help; timing is everything. It was weird when I walked into the house and there was no furniture in the living room, only the plants were left. It's very quiet in the house, Mike was always playing music or had the TV on. 

The up side is that I plan to paint the living room and buy new furniture, my stuff is in the basement and it will stay there. I am going to move my bedroom back upstairs where I will have a lot more room. That will require more painting which is something I enjoy doing so that will be fun. I can spend some time planning my new room and go to the hardware store, another favorite pastime. 

I'm sure my electricity bill will be cut in half, Mike always had at least 3 computers, his laptop, the TV and all the lights on in the house. I use one light and my laptop which is usually running on the battery because I move it all over the house. 

I'm going to miss his entertaining stories, we usually chatted when he got home from work. But I'm going to like it when I put something away and it's there when I go to use it again. That is one thing that will drive me nuts, if you use something put it back where you found it. I'm willing to compromise, if you think leaving the scissors on the table in the breezeway is a better location than the drawer in the kitchen I'm fine with that but then put the scissors on the table in the breezeway after every use don't keep finding new places for it, pick one and stick with it. 

I know I can be a little annal about things but I've learned how that can drive people crazy so I keep it to myself. It really does not matter to me which way the toilet paper comes off the roll as long as it is available to use when I need it. I figure if ya have a problem with the direction, you're sitting right there just change it, not a big deal. If you don't cut the grass the right way (my way) that's OK too, it still gets cut and I can do it the right way the next time. I just appreciate the help. 

I'm going to miss the little battles we had, I hate water spots on the faucet and in the sink and Mike hates dishes left in the sink.  He would purposely sprinkle water on the faucet and leave it and I would purposely leave a couple things in the sink. A little fun between brother and sister. 

I have to say I am looking forward to having my house back to myself again, there is just something about being able to do whatever you want whenever you want to do it and not worry if you are disturbing someone or not. 

My friends keep trying to get me to find a girlfriend but, I'm happy with where I am and now I have my house to myself, I don't know if I want to share it quite yet. Maybe I'll just look for a friend with benefits that sounds more like what I need. With the high cost of gas this year the heating bills will be crazy and I have an old house so finding someone to stay warm with for the winter would be nice. No expectations, I get to do what I want, when I want, and with whom I want and she can do the same then we can hook-up once in a while that sounds like a good plan. Maybe I should take out an ad in the personals?

Damn, it's 11 o'clock already I need to get my ass to bed, 0430 rolls around quick. 

No comments: