Tuesday, August 21, 2007

shopping

Searched everywhere today for new window coverings. I am giving my bedroom a beauty makeover. It is looking fabulous! I cannot wait to finish and move my bed in there. I have painted and purchased all new things (except the bed). My little brother went shopping with me, he loves to shop and I hate it. World Market, Tuesday Morning, Home Depot and of course Menards. I found plenty of other things to buy but could not find the right window coverings. I think we will head out to Ikea this week.

Work went well today, I received a compliment from my manager, that makes two this week. He said he appreciated my efficiency. Most of the people I work with don't really want to do anything extra. I also put some time in with my Union work. I have a light duty case I am working on, it is very convoluted. I more I investigate the worse it gets. I was also given a new case today, an overtime by-pass violation. That one should be pretty cut and dry.


I had an "AH HA" moment the other day. Rhory explained an "AH HA" moment to me just a few weeks ago. She got it from Oprah, Rhory is a big Oprah fan. Anyway, I was watching a movie Saturday night, I don't really know the name of the movie, it just came on and I started watching it. It was kind of a hokey movie but I watched anyway. Saturday was a rainy, stay at home and vegitate kind of day. Anyway, as I was saying, I was watching a hokey movie and one of the lines the female main charactor said to the male main charactor was "you are in love with the idea of me." I am telling you, it struck home with me. I realized that is exactly what was going on with Anne and I. I truely believe I was in love with the "idea" of her. She is a super cyclist, races competitively both road and mountain bikes. Her cycling is what defines who she is and I got a real kick out of it. I thought it was great to brag, my girlfriend is a pro cyclist, here is a picture of her on an advertisement, blah, blah, blah. Truth be told she is not a very good girlfriend, I could never make plans because she was not available. Her first and only priority is racing, everything else in life comes second. She is very selfish, self centered and unreliable. She will be 40 in November but I believe her maturity is at around 26. I have spent the last month evaluating our relationship and the pros and cons of it. The cons totally outweigh the pros, why I stayed in the relationship myself is a mystery to me. I am not going to deny I loved the woman or that she does not have some wonderful qualities, she just is not the one for me. I went through hell the first several weeks but since my "AH HA" moment life is looking so much better. I do believe I still need to talk with her and that she owes me an explanation. She ended the relationship and I don't really know why. I believe she was cheating on me. She has cheated in all her previous relationships so why I ever believed she would not cheat on me I'll never know. I believe she started a relationship with another woman before ours ended. That weighs heavily on me. if she had just gone out and had a fling with someone then was honest about it, I would not like it but I could handle it and get over it. But when someone is deceiving and lies, that to me it so disrespectful. I don't think I trusted her from the beginning, hell, I know I never trusted her and I am sure that cause me more stress than need be. OK, enough of this, it just irritates me. Until we sit down and I get my questions answered, it just does not matter.

Let's see what do I have for the rest of the week. Val and Tara are due back from the East Coast tomorrow, I need to contact them about the weekend. I still have not decided whether I will go to Duluth Friday evening or Saturday morning. I will be golfing Friday afternoon. Mary Jane is due back from her cruise on Thursday, boy I hope she is OK. The cruise was supposed to go to the Cayman Islands and with all the bad weather I don't know where they ended up going. Surely not into the hurricane area. Hopefully I will get out on my bike this week. I have to check the weather and if there is no rain forcasted for tomorrow I will ride to work. That's all for today...

ONLY WHEN HE NO LONGER KNOWS WHAT HE IS DOING DOES THE PAINTER DO GOOD THINGS - Edgar Degas

No comments: