Monday, April 12, 2010

Check that Ass!

I just finished reading a friends blog, I've been slacking on my blog reading so I'm trying to catch up. Anyway, as I was saying... one of her posts was about the O'Hare airport. This reminded me of the Olympics. How do you ask does the Chicago airport remind me of the Olympics? Well actually it was her ranting about peoples behavior in the airport that reminded me of the Olympics. While I was at the Olympics in Vancouver this past February I was fortunate enough to be able to watch some curling events. The venue where the curling took place was really nice, the only problem was the seating. They had bleacher type seating but there were actual seats attached to the bleachers. These seats were so close together that your neighbors ass hung over onto your seat. This prompted me it exclaim that they needed a "check your ass" box at the venue. Just like at the airport when you are going to board a plane your carry on luggage has to fit in a box, if it's too big then you have to check your bag. Well they seriously needed a check your ass box at the curling venue. There is nothing more uncomfortable than having butt cheeks of the people next to you hanging onto your seat! I'm not a big person so my ass fit on the seat, but the people with me have wee bit bigger butts and their butts would crowd over onto my seat. And if you were unfortunate enough to sit next to an even bigger person not only did their ass cheeks encroach into your space but so did the rest of their body!

They needed to install a box the size of the seats, if your ass extends over the sides then you need to check your ass! Buy two seats, whatever; but if your ass is sharing my seat then I should get a discount.

I think they could also use this at the airports. Who the hell wants some big fat person sitting next to them and taking over your chair space. It's bad enough we have to share an arm rest but come on if your butt extends past the edge of your seat you need to check your ass! Buy two seats, or give me a discount.

OK, this might not be the nicest of my posts but people need to start taking care of themselves and if they are too big for a seat then they need to buy two seats or stay home.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Thanks for the laugh! Perhaps they could charge $5/inch wide on your butt, or something like that. :)