Saturday, December 27, 2008

The Weather

Icky, Yuck, it Sucks, need I say more? Yesterday it was rainy and drizzly which fucked up all the nice white fluffy snow we've gotten over the last couple weeks. I was so excited for the snow and now look what happens, nasty. Today it's a really cold 23 degrees so everything that melted yesterday has frozen over and I have ice everywhere. 

The gutters on the back of my house have issues so I had water running over and through them yesterday only to have it all freeze today. I climbed up there this morning to try to figure out what the issue is but they are frozen over with ice. I'm hoping it doesn't cause any damage to my roof or the gutters themselves.

Ooh, do I sound crabby. I'm really not it's just these were my issues for this morning. On the up side; I've finished my outfit for the Cold Hard Cash bonspiel which is coming up next weekend. I'm really looking forward to it. My team met yesterday morning at the club so that we could practice as a team. It also gave me a chance to meet Marcia; Mary Jane recruited her for our team. This years team consists of Nancee at skip, I'll play third (new adventure for me) Mary Jane is playing second and Marcia will lead us off. Our game plan is pretty simple, play well and have fun. We don't expect to win the bonspiel but hopefully we'll win a couple games. I know that we'll have lots of laughs. 

Christmas came and went without any craziness. Mom was a bit disappointed that I had to work late and Mike had to pull a double shift on Christmas Eve. That's the family tradition, every year we get together for dinner on Christmas Eve. I worked 12 hours and did not make it to my folks house until nearly 7 PM, long after everyone had finished eating. That was fine with me, I had dinner while they played card games. I was home shortly after 10 PM. I worked Christmas Day; Val, Tara and Raleigh came over in the evening and we relaxed with some wine and nice conversation. I would just as soon skip Christmas in it's entirety; the only reason I do anything for it is because it's important to Mom.

New Years Eve is coming up and I haven't decided what I'll do for it. This is the first time in years that I don't have to work New Years Day so I might go out. I've had a few invites, a party in NE Mpls, music at Grumpy's and dinner and a movie with a friend. Not sure what I'll do. I'll probably just stay home; being out on NYE just does not sound too appealing. Val and Tara were trying to get me to have a gathering at my house and I would but I still have not bought any new furniture for the living room. It's not high on my list. My furniture is in the basement. I have my cozy chair in the livingroom for Lash and I to relax and read, that's all I need. I tried to get them to have a party at their house but they're having one this weekend. Hmm maybe I should bring the couch up and have a small gathering, then I don't have to drive at all. I'll have to think about it. I'd have to find someone to help me carry the couch up. 

Ok, better get my ass off the computer and get some more chores done. I have two parties to go to tonight.


No comments: