Sunday, October 12, 2008

Let the Curling begin!

Friday night saw the beginning of the Mixed league, my team and I played at 5 pm. We had a really good game and not just because we won but we threw good rocks. I had gotten to the club early and warmed up with Amy and Lisa, which I believe really helped my game and I plan to continue this early arrival. There is also a handful of people who stop at the Happy Gnome prior to the Friday night games, I don't know if I will make that a part of my routine or not but once in a while will be fun. I could not believe how sore my legs were on Saturday morning, I have ridden hundreds of miles on my bike this summer so one would think my quads are in pretty good condition but NO, they were screaming in protest. 

Saturday was a fairly calm day, I had a number of things to get done around the house before Kathy's arrival so I spent the morning working at home.  Around 3 pm I headed to Ham Lake for Mary Jane's retirement party. I cannot believe she is officially retired, the lucky stiff, I wish I could retire. After the party I returned home, changed clothes, picked up Val and we headed out to the club for some dancing. It was a fun night, I have not gone to Pi in a very long time, I've not been impressed with their music. We met a handful of people whom I had met over the summer, they had gotten there early and had a table saved for us. The beginning of the night was dedicated to country music which I know little or nothing about but it was fun watching people dance or in some cases attempt to dance. Around 10 pm the dance music began and that is when the fun really started. My legs were still pretty sore from Friday nights curling but after a couple glasses of wine and a few dances they warmed up and I was shakin' my butt the rest of the night. 


No comments: