Sunday, July 25, 2010

Up In Smoke

OK, so Rhory likes to pick up the local ghetto paper "BU$TED" and of course I have to read everything that I see so tonight while eating dinner I browsed through it! If you are not familiar with this paper I recommend picking one up, although I'm always afraid I will recognize someone. BU$TED is your local weekly mugshot newspaper. It's about 20 pages filled with mugshots of people arrested for a variety of reasons, I would say domestic assault, DWI and theft are the most common. There are also a few short clips, stories whatever in the paper as well. 


The "Mug of the Week" is a picture of a young male DOB: 5/26/1992 actually just a kid, from the picture he looks like a girl, make-up and long hair, he was charged with Drugs 5th degree. 

Anyway, the story that caught my fancy today was "Up In Smoke"

St. Paul- According to reports an apparent marijuana grow house went up in flames this past week. The Payne-Phalen home apparently caught fire due to overloaded electrical wiring from the high wattage heat lamps...(Big Surprise)

Police seized nearly 100 pot plants after fire fighters alerted them of the plants in the basement of the home. No one was injured in the fire and it did not appear as though anyone was living there. No reports of anyone in the neighborhood getting high from the fire. 

And after perusing the paper I have to say racial profiling does NOT work! the majority of the people in the paper were white guys.

No comments: