Saturday, April 25, 2009

Canada Knows Math

So the other day I'm entering a contest to win a new energy efficient refrigerator and upon reading the rules this is what I found:

"If a Canadian resident is selected as a winner he/she will be required to complete an unaided mathematical skill questions before being declared an official winner."

I kid you not!

I'm not sure if this is their way of getting Canadian residents to learn math or you need to know math in order to use a refrigerator?!? Hmm, I'm not really good at math but I've never had a problem using the fridge and the size of my ass can attest to that!

I think this is actually a good idea, we Americans are always getting bad academic scores and we're obese. If you have to answer a math or any question for that matter before you can open the door to the fridge that could help solve both problems. The questions could be generated for your age group and there could be bonus drawers in the fridge where all the "good" stuff is kept. You only get fruit and vegetables for the easy questions but you will be rewarded with chocolate or beer for the super hard questions. This could be applied throughout the kitchen and pantry. And vending machines! I think most schools have vending machines, the kids would have to answer a question correctly before they get that candy bar or soda. If you don't answer correctly you lose your money. I think I'm onto something here. Wonder how I could get this idea rolling, I bet there's money in this idea... remember you heard it here first, don't be swiping my idea.

No comments: